Sweet treats as favours are probably the easiest diy’s to do to save money. Whether you are popping a few treats in a pretty bag or making stuff yourself they take little preparation, can be done quite a bit of time in advance (so no last minute panics) and are a great group activity. I mean really (!!!) put a group of us girlies together and give us chocolate – sounds good to me!
Packaging is readily available on line, in bulk at reasonable prices. Recipes are free and ingredients basic. No really complicated cooking and in some cases no cooking at all! What could be easier? These are my favourites from around the web that I think you might like too
Chocolate DIY tutorial sources from top left to bottom right:
- Hot chocolate and marshmallows from Plan a Vintage Wedding (plus lots of other edible treat favours to make)
- S’Mores on a stick with printable tags from Elizabeth Anne Designs
- Chocolate muffins in a jar from My Italian Wedding
- DIY chocolate hazlenut spread from Ruffled
- Homemade truffles from Sash & Satin
- I love this idea from Delightfully Engaged of packaging cookies and sweets in plain brown paper bags with cute labels, you could do the same and if you are a bit of a whizz baking wise then rustle up your own homemade cookies and sweets.
Have you got your pinny on yet?