Claude Monet had a passion for light and colour. Some of his most memorable and known paintings are of the lily pond and bridge in the garden of his home near Giverny in France.
The founder of impressionist art his pictures have influenced not just other artists but designers throughout the centuries.
I have taken the colours from just one of his paintings of the lily pond and bridge to create a moodboard that is filled with subtle colour as my inspiration today.
Images and credits:
- Monet lily pond and bridge picture found on Visiting DC
- Monet inspired wedding dress from Atelier Aimee Eme di Eme 2012 collection found onWedding Inspirasi
- Bowl of flowers as table centres, image by My Fotographa
- Rose drop earings catch the light, from J C Penney
- Veil with flowers found on Pocketful of Dreams
- Silver platter with flowers found on Elizabeth Anne Designs
- Summer flowers individual pin brooches from Posy Rosy
- Monet handpainted wedding shoes from Copious
- Bridesmaids dresses by Swoon found on Merci New York
I love the mix of pastel and vibrant shades blending together to create an impression of light and dark, a romantic palette that offers countless possibilities and inspirations that can be translated into a contemporary, vintage or tradtional style. During the course of this week I will be exploring different visions that I hope will give you ideas for your own celebrations so stay tuned and do let me know what your first impressions are in the comments below, I love to get your feedback and have a chat!