It’s that time of year again when the great and the good look to Pantone for inspiration.
This week on Posy I’ll be sharing ideas from the new colour palette, today’s Monday Moodboard features the colour of the year Monaco Blue. Doesn’t the name just capture an image of crisp blue against bleached whites and linens? Very chic.
Interestingly when I typed the words into Google to begin a search for loveliness to put in the moodboard I was inundated with images of Princess Grace of Monaco and I think that says it all. I’ve mixed this deep blue with three other shades from Pantones palette, dusk blue, greyed jade and linen.
Image credits top left to bottom right:
- use diy paper fans to pull the colours together
- take inspiration from nature for neutral shades dandelion art print found on Etsy
- a detailed lace gown from Jim Hjelm with stunning back detail picks up the linen shades in the sash
- dress the groom in monaco blue with touches of pale grey and the palest of linen shades for shirt and tie
- bridesmaids in pale linen coloured dresses from Vera Wang featured on Style Me Pretty
- add a pop of bright colour in your shoes
- the muscari, more commonly known as grape hyacinth, flower picks out the monaco blue and dusk blue against blue and white china would create lovely table centres
- carry the ornate detail through to your stationery and wedding jewellery
- soft linen shades and greyed jade are the perfect colour for this headpiece
- this ruffled ombre cake again pulls the different shades and colours together
During the week I’ll be looking at all the other colours in the Pantone 2013 spring colours, they are truly inspiring and each goes beautifully with another whether they are toning or contrasting, can’t wait! Do pop back and follow me on Facebook for additional finds that pop up in my newsfeed