I have chosen tulips in shades of pink and white for today’s moodboard, mixed with other spring flowers, complemented with moss green.
This is my most favourite shade of green. It’s mellow and earthy tones are a perfect foil for pinks whether vibrant hot or cool pastel. Edged with a touch of gold these colours are good in both a vintage style or more contemporary setting.
Tulips are an elegant and beautiful flower, and come in such a huge array of colour that although they have a short season they are perfect for a spring wedding. Did you know that the petals of fragrant tulips, of which there are only five or six, can be eaten. How pretty would they look decorating your starter plates!
Image credits and sources from top left to bottom right:
- Vintage pink tulip flower earings My Bejewelled Garden found on Books Don’t Grow on Trees
- Flower girl basket in moss green and pink The Blooming South on Etsy
- Verona moss green wedding stationery Olivia Samuel
- Atelier Aimee Nuccia wedding gown Martha Stewart Weddings
- Pink floral dresses source unknown
- Tulip place setting msn living
- Basket weave wedding cake decorated with white tulips, peonies, blue and green hydrangea, ivy and yellow jasmine The Pink Cake Box
- Tulips in bud vases msn living
Have had the Mamas and Papas Tune Monday, Monday going round in my head this morning thought I would share it, a bit of easy listening retro style while you have a browse round my site ;p
Don’t forget there are just 14 days left to enter
Posy’s Prize Draw!
If this is your first visit welcome to my blog! If you’ve been here before then welcome back! I am celebrating a whole year of blogging with a fab Prize Draw to win one of my latest bouquets, Fleur de Lys, from my soon to be launched new collection. To enter pop over to the Prize Draw page by clicking here, all you need to do is send me (via the form on the page) your name, email (so I can contact you) and the date you are getting married.The draw closes on 16 April 2012.
I am also running a super Special Offer until 31 May 2012 read more about it on the Prize Draw page. Remember you’ve got to be in it to win it