Final day in our chocolate week and one of my favourite styling elements is setting the table and setting the scene.
I’ve chosen blush pink as the main colour with highlights of chocolate brown and sourced some great little diy’s to create venue and table decorations.
My favourite has to be the use of script tissue paper to create the gorgeous pink and chocolate roses which I think would look beautiful in a plain blush pink pot, like the one in the style board below. Perhaps adding strings of pearls draping over the sides. This would certainly save on fresh flowers and they could be made well in advance.
You can also pretty up your venue with rag wreaths made from fabric scraps and paper poms poms to match or tone with the paper roses.
Image credits, sources and ideas:-
- Hot chocolate caligraphy plate and pink tablescape both found on Purple Chocolate Home
- Pink bird cake topper by Dances with Clay found on Emmaline Bride
- Shabby chic heart rag wreath from Rag Wreath Boutique on Etsy, or make your own with fabric scraps and this neat little tutorial from Red Ted Art
- Pink rose pot from So Shabby Pink
- Felt ball garland found on Wedding Wallpaper Art, original maker not found but create your own from bought felt balls in any colour from Craftasticparties on Etsy
- Gift tags from Sweetly Scrapped Art on Etsy
- Script tissue paper roses image from Purple Chocolate Home as before, to make your own (they are really easy) go to Instructables for a step by step guide to making roses and buy printed and plain tissue from any good crafts supplier or find online suppliers like Premier Packaging
Well lots of diy’s this week – I do like to keep you all busy! Hope that you’ve found the blog this week inspiring, I would love to know what you think – it’s what keeps me blogging away so if you have found my little posts helpful would love you to let me know. Plus if there is anything you would like me to cover in future posts do shout out