Yellow featured in Pantone’s colours for spring 2013. Today I’ve taken this colour as inspiration, toned it down from lemon zest to a more muted buttery yellow and mixed it with grey and creamy white for a fresh but subtle palette, full of the warmth of spring and summer with a decidedly vintage flavour.
Also hot on trend is the use of pattern and here I’ve suggested polka dots, stripes and chevrons with a bird motif threaded through just a few of the trends that are set to creep into design this year. These patterns can be used on anything from stationery to venue decor, accessories to table settings. I particularly like the bird reference which I’ve tried to keep understated in the bird seed favours and feather fascinator.
Get the look, image credits and suppliers top left to bottom right:-
- Love this vintage yellow fabric with bird motif designed by Joel Avery, used in the tie at the bottom of the board but would be equally lovely as a motif for handmade invitations, napkin ties or any other wedding DIY project
- Sunshine yellow bridesmaid dresses found on Style Me Pretty
- Easy eco friendly birdseed wedding favour DIY from Intimate Weddings
- Polka dots fabric Allegro Fabrics
- Polka dot favour box DIY Martha Stewart Weddings
- Phillipa Lepley wedding gown
- Feather and beaded vintage style fascinator from The Victorian Garden on Etsy
- Yellow and grey paper pompoms found on Every Last Detail
- Yellow and grey chevron hearts cupcake toppers from MILKKrafts on Etsy
- Yellow and grey paper bird cutouts from Cut out the Fun on Etsy
- Bespoke yellow and white snakeskin shoes by Shoes of Prey, design your own handmade shoes found on Lucy Dylan Weddings
- Riley Blake yellow chevron striped fabric from All Stitched Up
- Tablescape found on Polka Dot Bride
- Yellow and grey bird necktie from Me and Matilda on Etsy
- James Hare silk fabric vienne stripe in olive
You might also like to have a look at the feather DIY I featured last Thursday to complement this theme, I think it would work rather well as an accessory or for table decor you can find the link to the DIY here. Also watch out for Wedding Wednesday on Posy when I’ll be sharing my pick of headwear for brides who want to add that vintage touch.
As per usual us blogger types do like to hear from you dear reader and your comments help me to collect ideas and write blog posts that you are interested in reading so please let me know what you think in the handy comments thingy below